Sunday, March 11, 2012

Thicket

“For we love both
                       the truth
and our friends, piety requires us to honor the truth first.”-Aristotle

 
Within this copse, this thicket we call relationship, the woods are a blur of trees and
             I, too, imperceptible.  Surely to you and now to myself.
        My self – indiscernible from you.
    The path ahead, hidden by shadows, veiled in mist. 
                              I wait for answers, praying not to disappear.



magpie tale

7 comments:

  1. the thicket we call relationship...yes it can be sometimes...and sometimes it is easy to get lost in it as well..nicely done nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's important not to get lost in the thicket...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucinda and your words - a nice match!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A thicket, indeed, and hopefully with not too many thorns...

    Well done.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "My self - indiscernible from you." Interesting how close this comes to the piece I posted...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thought provoking indeed.....great writing Nicole! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is good and indeed very thought provoking.

    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete